Friday, November 21, 2008

Arts and Crafts

So since Carter has stopped going to daycare I've felt bad that he hasn't been doing all the fun activities that he got to do there. A few days ago at my mom's house we were looking at all the funny and cheesy crafts we'd made in school that my mom had kept for all these years. That inspired me to get going on some fun crafts with Carter. Those of you who know me well know that I am probably the most not-creative person ever. So I decided to make turkeys with mine and Carter's hands, and put them up on the fridge. He really loved coloring his hands, and I think that he felt pretty proud that his hand helped make a turkey. Of course he made one for his baby sister. Afterward, I was explaining to him what Thanksgiving was. I told him we would eat turkey and pie and mashed potatoes, he said he "can't like that", which is his response to everything right now. So then I explained to him that we say thanks for our house and our food and our family. His response to that was "I say thanks spiderman for shooting the naughty guy and for Monster House and my toys". It was so funny. I think he's getting the idea!

1 comment:

Almgren Adventures said...

He is precious!!! I love this age. They say the funniest things!